Bill Stoddard wrote:

> -1 (and I'm an emacs user :-)
>
> Metadata should be kept seperate from data. I.e., you should
> put something like this in your _emacs file :-)

Which a) would need to be done by every Emacs user individually,
and b) new users would know nothing about.

Whatever.  It just seems to me that adding a few lines to the
source files would save us the inevitable and repetitious
pain of style-fixup patches and their effects on people's
work-in-process..  Other ASF projects do this (such as
PHP), so it wouldn't be a new departure.
--
#ken    P-)}