From: "Sebastian Bergmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 4:42 PM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
>
> > perl makefile.pl MP_USE_DSO=1 MP_GENERATE_XS=1 MP_AP_PREFIX=c:\apache2
> > Then nmake.
>
> perl makefile.pl MP_USE_DSO=1 MP_GENERATE_XS=1
> MP_AP_PREFIX=c:\server\apache
> No such signal: SIGUSR1 at Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestSmoke.pm line 16.
> Compilation failed in require at Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestSmokePerl.pm
> line 7.

I've seen that bug - hadn't created a patch yet, but essentially commented
out line 16 with an if ($^O ne "MSWin32").

> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestSmokePerl.pm line 7.
> Compilation failed in require at makefile.pl line 13.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at makefile.pl line 13.
>
> > You first need to set up your environment for command line builds
> > (VCVARS32 and SETENV if you have brought your PSDK up to date) and
> > this;
>
>   I guess I have to do this now :-)

I don't think so, it's just platform specific code cruft that landed in
TestSmokePerl.pm.  Once I commented it out, everything seems to build/run
just fine.  Althought SSL is a bear in and of itself.

Please take this to the modperl or [EMAIL PROTECTED] lists, it really
doesn't belong on this list.

Bill