Brian Pane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I just tried to debug this with the current CVS HEAD on
> Solaris, but I can't reproduce the crash.  The test case
> that I tried was: set the httpd's ulimit on file descriptors
> to a small number and run ab to generate enough concurrent
> requests to exceed the fd limit.  Is there a better test case
> that will trigger the segfault?

ulimit -n 100
apachectl start

from another shell with higher ulimit:

b -n 100000 -c 200 127.0.0.1:8080/

Note that / does a lot of negotiation work (extra file opens) using
the default configuration.

It didn't take more than a minute to hit a segfault.

For some reason it seems easier to hit with my b than with standard ab
(which should do pretty much the same thing with that command-line).

b is at www.apache.org/~trawick/public_html/b.c

To build it, "grep HAVE_ b.c" and see what to define on the cc
invocation :)

(I suspect I could hit it with ab if I were more patient.
Historically b had better concurrency because it does non-blocking
connects.  I don't know if 2.0 ab has been fixed to do non-blocking
connects.)
--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...