On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:50:40AM -0800, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I think I'll just tag .31 and not roll it.

If you have no intention of rolling a .31, then don't use that for the tag.

A person can tag any time, but that must be with an intent to roll and
release it. I think it is inappropriate to use Apache version numbers for
what amounts to personal tags.

Note that you also have a showstopper listed for a release. (in STATUS
and/or at least with wrowe's veto).

However, I believe the rule is more like, "the tarball can be released, but
the *quality* is subject to consensus approval." In other words, it seems
that you should be able to release the tarball, but would need to call it
"alpha" or "development", but the group would shoot down things like "beta"
or "final".

[ this last part I'm a bit fuzzy on, so would like commentary from the
  *real* old-timers... ]

Cheers,
-g

--