On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:23:39AM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> The issue is not whether we need a "file" backing the scoreboard. On Unix, you make
>the
> scoreboard use a file when the OS does not support shared memory.

I think Aaron pointed out in a recent exchange with a FreeBSD user
that we don't support any OS without shared memory (FreeBSD disables
shmem in a jail).  IIRC, file-backed scoreboards are no longer
supported in 2.0 (i.e. no use of shmem at all).  Some OSes require
a path to "setup" the scoreboard via shmem.  FWIW, this seems
identical to your issue in Win32.

(I could be wrong, but that is my interpretation.)  -- justin