Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > We are definately trying to make this a beta. Perhaps Ian can be
> > pursuaded (with money, food, etc..) to do a reroll,
>
> Once the tarball is rolled, that's it, move on to the next version.

This is a very error prone part of our process.  I got around it in 2_0_28 by
sending preliminary tarballs to people on platforms I knew were problematic,
before making anything public.  Madhu told me my first tarball built with
autoconf 1.4.2 didn't work for HP-UX.  So I re-rolled on daedalus for most
platforms, and on Linux w/autoconf 1.4.2 for Darwin.

Greg