Dale Ghent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Dale Ghent wrote:
>
> | I still think that it's a bad idea to unconditionally include libpthread
> | on Solaris builds in cases where HPSA is not enabled, which would be
> | (relatively) rare situations because HPSA is not the default for Solaris.
>
> Replying to my own email here.
>
> I figured, that since we're halfway there by adding -lpthread to LIBS, we
> might as well go all-out and make it useful to us on Solaris.

No, we're all the way there.  We turn on
HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT in ap_config.h and add -lpthread in
src/Configure.

We were half-way there in 1.3.23 where we turned on
HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT in ap_config.h but didn't add -lpthread
in src/Configure.

> Attached is a patch to add -DUSE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT to CFLAGS for
> Solaris.

Now its my turn to be conservative and wonder why you want to change
the *default* mutex serialization now :)

> I've tested HPSA sucessfully on Solaris 8, and recently, with 2.6. Both
> had expected results and no unexpected side-effects.

I finally figured out what you meant by HPSA --
HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT.

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...