The details...

It's a ColdFusion script, so the processing module is mod_coldfusion.so.
 The script runs, it just doesn't see any of the form data.  And I see
the error logged with every post.

I'm using SSL, so I'm also configured with mod_ssl.

Interesting part is that it seems to be somehow related to which browser
I use.  Noticed the problem with Mozilla 0.9.6.  Seems to work fine when
client is IE.  Same module, same POST worked with previous builds of
Apache and SSL and all client browsers.