From: "Bill Stoddard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 12:01 PM

> Actually, this patch is not the only (or even main) culprit.  The switch to use the
>shared
> scoreboard is fatally broken. I am in the process of keeping the spirit of Ryan's
>patch to
> only use pre_mpm in the parent and revert back to non shared scoreboard for Windows.

Agreed.  But I think you are seeing a problem reported some time back, before the
shared score was even implemented.  Seems [perhaps] that some users can't run as
a service with the bin/ pathing we implemented several months ago.

Users report that moving everything from bin/ into the apache root works.
I've never seen this, so I can't comment.

But please do _not_ go reverting patches without reviewing them... would
you kindly explain exactly _what_ is fatally broken?

Bill