[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> martin      02/02/04 05:57:40
>
>   Modified:    .        configure
>                src      Configure CHANGES
>   Log:
>   Fix the longstanding bug that errors (returned by src/Configure)
>   would not be noticed by the top level configure script.
>   That was bad for automated production environments, as errors would
>   go thru unnoticed, and caused havoc much later in the production.

Thanks, folks!  I just love it when the elves make a visit!

[trawick@amadeus apache-1.3]$ CFLAGS=jkalsjflkajdsflkjasdf ./configure
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.24-dev
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

======== Error Output for sanity check ========
cd ..; gcc  -DSOLARIS2=280 -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED jkalsjflkajdsflkjasdf `./apaci`     -o helpers/dummy
helpers/dummy.c   -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread
gcc: jkalsjflkajdsflkjasdf: No such file or directory
make: *** [dummy] Error 1
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!
[trawick@amadeus apache-1.3]$ echo $?