On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:21:20AM -0800, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
wrote:
> Nope.. It does not work (for me).. That's the reason I need to change to to
> use SHMGET_ANON.. I was thinking that there'a already a option available to
> do such things..
>
> BTW, is it not strange that it picks up APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET, but not
> APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET_ANON and rather decides to select
> APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ZERO..

For anonymous shared memory, it prefers MMAP_ZERO over SHMGET_ANON.
You probably have these on your system:
header:sys/mman.h
func:mmap()
func:munmap()
file:/dev/zero

Is there anything else we could test to see if it's not working? Is it
possible that MMAP_ZERO's implementation is simple broken? Send me
the error you are seeing, and optionally a truss output also.

-aaron