Ok, now I can see again which upstream server cached
the requested object :-)
The behaviour is almost that same it was before
with the difference that in older versions I had one
or more headers of type X-Cache, whereas now I have one
X-Cache header with multiple value (ap_mergen_table instead
of ap_addn_table). As far as I remember multiple headers
are depreciated in favour of mulivalued headers, so
its ok?

Thanks a lot for the quick response and the patch,
Jacob

> From: Graham Leggett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Apache was ap_table_set()'ing the header instead of
> ap_table_merge()'ing
> the header - which meant any previous upstream value was
> overwritten and
> lost.
>
> I have just committed a fix to the apache 1.3.24-dev tree.
> Can you check
> it out, give it a try and tell me if your problem is fixed?

Regards,
Jacob