apache.org DNS was down today; it's back up now. But when DNS was back
up, we found that the web server was down, and saw this in the error
log:

[Thu Feb 21 00:00:03 2002] [alert] (22007)No address associated with hostname:
mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "daedalus.apache.org"
Configuration Failed

Should mod_unique_id's failure have prevented the server from parsing
the configuration and restarting? I can see an argument both ways for
this. I guess it depends on whether you think it's more important to
keep the server running, or to be sure that all the features are
working if the server does (re)start.