Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I don't know why, but right now my server started complaining with:
>
> [warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect to listener
>
> I just issued a "restart" and before it was working fine... Now, even if I
> shut it down and start it back again, the error_log is full with those...

When Apache 2.0 is restarted, we send ourselves a bunch of dummy connnections to
insure that every thread/process which is blocked in accept() wakes up if there
is little or no network traffic.  Those dummy connections are failing, so you
might have old generation processes that won't go away if you don't have much
traffic on your site.

There was a Solaris bug that caused a problem similar to this which was reported
a few weeks ago.  I think Jeff saw it, and fixed it by putting on the latest
Solaris fix packages.  I don't think anyone was able to identify one specific
fix.

Greg