> From: Cliff Woolley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Can we get rid of the "It worked!" page?  Please?  I'm getting sick of
> confused people sending us email saying their server has been hijacked.
> Maybe "site is under construction", period.  Nothing more informative than
> that.  I know it's going down the road of "assume the user is an idiot and
> therefore don't give them any information that they might not understand",
> but the information on that page isn't really useful to anyone.  It just
> says "hey, you got it right.  good job."  But the only people that read it
> are ones that don't know WTF they're doing and it just causes no end of
> trouble.

I have no objection to that.  But be aware, the "It worked" page has been
vastly improved in recent versions.  Most of the cluelessness you see
probably comes from earlier versions, and these will not go away any time
soon, regardless of what we put in the next release.

In addition, there is the question of whether we link to the manual.  If we
do, then they will find us through that, and probably wind up even more
confused.  If we don't, then many people will never find the manual in their
distribution.

Joshua.