"Sander Striker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> server/mpm_common.c:363
> #if defined(QNX) || defined(MPE) || defined(BEOS) || defined(_OSD_POSIX) ||
>defined(TPF) || defined(__TANDEM) || defined(OS2) ||
> defined(WIN32) || defined(NETWARE)
>
> Can I break this line into smaller chunks?  If so, how?
> I seem a bit rusty on how the various preprocessors handle
> multiline #ifs (if they even do).

Look in ap_config.h for the way to do it (look for "SUNOS4")

Why not move this OS-specific stuff to ap_config.h and define
AP_HAVE_SUPLEMENTARY_GROUPS if we aren't on one of those platforms,
and then use AP_HAVE_SUPPLEMENTARY_GROUPS to see what to do?

(I'm assuming that the presence of setgrent() and friends isn't good
enough to make the decision.)

> server/mpm_common.c:442
>     rv = apr_file_close(pod->pod_in);
>     if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
>         return rv;
>     }
>
>     return rv;
> }
>
> If we are going to waste the if, we might aswell return
> APR_SUCCESS, no?

plenty of ways to skin a cat, all of them good

as for this code, go for the APR_SUCCESS (you're left with a trade-off
between compactness vs. using a style that can be extended if more
work is added later)

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...