Just making sure.

I have a hard time figuring out what is going wrong, and especially
why it is going wrong on windows.

Some discussion with Aaron lead us to a problem that shows
up with threading:

 Create a pool A.

 Create a thread
    - create a subpool B of A
    - launch the thread.

 Destroy pool A
    - implicitly destroys pool B

 Thread exits
    - Destroy pool B

B is being destroyed twice.

To protect against that we either need thread cancellation, and
register a cleanup with pool B that will cancel the thread if
the pool is destroyed.  Or, we need other means of protection
against double destruction (refcounting of pool users(threads)
comes to mind).

Sander