Jerry,

   thanks for the detailed analysis... sure sounds like you've hit the nail on
the head.

   When we 'tag' .34 - we won't be rolling it.  I will personally be looking at
this quirk in the next day or two, and so may others.  If a patch is prepared
that 'fits' [increases stability - doesn't restructure a ton of code] then
we will
'roll it in' to .34.  Agreed that this isn't nice behavior, but also
recognize that
this is one bug in many, and many are now fixed and many others may yet
be unspotted.  We want to get something into folks hands, even if it is
only 'alpha' quality.  Release early, release often assures that many more
bugs are fixed much more quickly.

Bill