On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 09:48:24PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> There are two problems I see with make_allow() right now.  First, it's
> using method_registry; if ap_method_register() has never been called
> [probably meaning you aren't running DAV], then make_allow() will segfault
> as Brian pointed out.  ap_method_registry_init() needs to be called
> unconditionally from somewhere. I haven't figured out where that is yet.

Server initialization. I believe the pool passed to it is normally pconf
(via post_config). Which basically means that running it after each call to
ap_run_post_config() should be sufficient. That means server/main.c, which
then implies right before ap_mpm_run().

(there are two calls to ap_run_post_config, but there is no need to do it
after the first run, since you're about to wipe the pool anyways)

> Second, the Allow: header is now separated by "," instead of ", " --
> RFC2616 doesn't seem to specify whether that's valid or not, but we should
> probably keep the old behavior.  Unfortunately apr_array_pstrcat (called
> from line 1123 of http_protocol.c) only accepts a single character, not a
> string, as the delimiter.  Ideas?

It's valid behavior (whitespace is allowed in any comma-separated list
unless explicitly specified otherwise).

And empirically: mod_dav has been overriding OPTIONS for a long while now,
and returning a list without spaces.

Cheers,
-g

--