Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Well, it's kind of easy (and dangerous) to shove too much info into
> the scoreboard, and cause some nasty overhead... That's the reason why
> I put some things in the "extended status" area, so that we always
> have the important stuff available, and the extra stuff only when
> specifically requested (and people are willing to accept the tradeoff). :)

But extended status can also get bloated.  In addition to the extra overhead,
there's the problem of making the display readable.  Looking at
http://apache.org/server-status, I don't see where the server IP address and
port would fit comfortably in addition to what's already on the detail lines.

A few possibilities come to mind:
*  stick the ip/port info in the scoreboard, but don't display it in
mod_status.
*  provide a directive that lets you choose between seeing the vhost name or
   server IP/port.  I doubt that many folks use both name based vhosts and IP
   based vhosts.  Or make such a decision based on the existing vhost
directives.
*  provide format strings, like we do for the access logs. (seems like too much
work)

Greg