Is it possible for whomever knows best to provide code or help to the
PHP group and make a PHP <bsd|apache>_md5() function?  Or adapt the
current PHP function w/ an additional attribute to select which type of
hash to use?  md5($string, ..., HASH_NORM|HASH_BSD), it'd be very nice
if the latter was accepted, I'm sure in the future there will be at
least one more implementation of md5 to cope with.

Thanks for listening,
David