On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:27:17PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > So it looks like we have to do something about flushing the data that
> > old_write is hanging on to.  I'd rather see the core figure out how to
> > do this, rather than mod_autoindex.  Otherwise we are going to impact
> > 1.3 modules that use ap_r* more than we need to.

Per my previous email, I seriously doubt that old_write is posing a problem
here. Yes, it might have buffered content, but per Ryan's point:

> The core can't do anything about it.  If you are creating a sub-request,
> you must flush the data.

Bing!

ANY filter inserted by the subreq could be holding content. The subrequest
definitely MUST flush out its filter stack before going away.

Yes, old_write buffers, and if that is "attached" to the subrequest, then it
must be flushed. But it really isn't about old_write.

> We could have the core always flush, but that
> would cause us to send flush buckets before any data has been generated,
> or in cases where a flush is not required.  The module MUST be the thing
> that does the flush.

I think the subrequest would need to flush its filter chain before going
away. Has nothing to do with the modules, since they don't know they are
operating as part of a subreq filter chain.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/