On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:56:33PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Everything below is true, assuming you are not talking about
> sub-requests.  According to the stack that Greg posted, the OLD_WRITE
> filter was not found in the sub-request filter stack.  That is to be
> expected, because the OLD_WRITE filter is a RESOURCE filter.  Since
> RESOURCE filters are not kept for sub-requests, the data must be
> flushed.

Right.

> Hmmmmm....  Actually it seems like Resource filters should be kept for
> sub-requests that are created with a filter list.  If that is the case,
> then it looks like the OLD_WRITE filter should be in the filter list.

If the sub-request goes, then its resource filters should go. Those filters
are associated with that particular sub-request. That implies that the
resource filters should be flushed before they die.

[ but we should probably have a SUBREQ_ENDING_FLUSH bucket so the SUBREQ
  filter can chew it up; we don't want to flush all the way to the network
  just cuz the subreq is disappearing. ]

> Unless, the OLD_WRITE filter is being added after the sub-request is
> created......

The filter is added at the first call to ap_r*(). We decided on the lazy
approach so that pure-brigade systems would not suffer the overhead.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/