Just a side note, I use a wrapper for free() in my code, it checks to
ensure the input isn't 0x0, frees the passed pointer, then sets the
pointer to 0x0.  If the passed pointer is already 0x0, I log where it
was called from so my logs show I'm doing a double free.  The added
benefit of free(0x0) in itself on most platforms, it simply returns.

-d