Hello,

I ran some benchmarks on Apache 1.3.24 versus Apache 2.0.35 that you may
find interesting. Particularly, I found the worker MPM suffers performance
issues on our dual-processor Solaris x86 systems. pbinding Apache to a
single processor improves performance at higher concurrency levels, but in
a somewhat unpredictable way.

The benchmarks are naive (so far using only ab to select a small 1k text
file), but probably generally representative.

The benchmarks can be found here:

    http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/work/aprbench/

If benchmarks shouldn't be posted to this list, I apologize in advance;
please reply to me privately and I won't do it again when I rerun some
more refined tests.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101