"Sander Striker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > 1) always do libtool --install
>
> +1.
>
> > 2) look in installed .la file for the name that must be passed to
> >    dlopen and rename that file in the target directory to what we
> >    think a DSO ought to be named
>
> But we only need to do that for AIX, Tru64 and HP-UX.

I don't really believe that :)  libtool has as many nuances as there
are operating systems.  It seems easy enough to look in the .la file
and if the name to dlopen is different than what we want, rename what
it got installed as.

> > 3) since this design does libtool --install for every DSO, we need to
> >    work hard to zap the extra system-dependent libtool-created
> >    files/symlinks in the target directory
>
> But that's not too hard.  We can zap everything not ending with .so,
> right?

sounds right...  and you have to account for a possible "lib" prefix
on some of the files

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...