In my experience this argument always ends with: copy the ,v files, then
cvs rm the old version, with a comment on the order of "moved to
../wherever".  Perhaps with a "moved from .../wherever" comment added to
the new version.  I think it's even ended that way on this list a couple
times.

Messing with history is bad!

Later,
scott