On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:33:54AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> If I can get that semantics change done on optional fns/hooks so we can
> avoid all mmn version bumps for optional fn/hooks, I think that would also
> cut down on the bumps for foreign modules.  Will look to make some
> progress and post an example patch by Friday morning.

Well, you always want to do a minor bump when you introduce new APIs. A
minor bump should not invalidate any old code, but it provides a way for
modules to recognize when new APIs are available (especially nice with the
optional hooks, but also fine for compile-time).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/