On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:07:29PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> This is a patch to worker.c to prevent more connections from being accepted than
>there are
> workers to handle them.  The accept thread decrements the avail count and the workers
> increment the avail count.

How about using APR condition variables instead of yield()?  That was
how I was imagining implementing this.  The listener would block
until the queue is not full and then drop into the accept mutex
rotation.  I seem to remember something like this being in the
original worker code, but I don't recall.  -- justin