Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:41:57PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>-1    on anything which
>>      -> shows in the output of AB of versions of AB which -can-
>>         be compared different version numbers
>>

>Personally, I think that is your logical fallacy.  I don't believe
>you can reliably compare results of ab from anything but the same
>binary under the same conditions.  -- justin

Agreed.  Even the same binary of ab can perform so differently with
different versions of a kernel/libc/libsocket/etc that even a matching
version number in two ab test runs is no guarantee of consistent results.

So...

+1 on removing the version number from the default output of
   ab and replacing it with a short disclaimer reminding the
   user not to compare apples with oranges.

--Brian