Greg Ames wrote:

> Sander Striker wrote:

> > Tarballs are available at:
> >   httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> > Please test and vote accordingly ;)
>
> It's running on daedalus since Wednesday, 01-May-2002 18:18:16 PDT with no
> apparent problems.  I'll check it tomorrow, then vote.

[gregames@daedalus gregames]$ ls /tmp/httpd.core
ls: /tmp/httpd.core: No such file or directory
[gregames@daedalus gregames]$ ls /usr/local/apache/corefiles/
[gregames@daedalus gregames]$

...and no emails reporting strange behavior on the site. +1 for beta.

What about GA?

pros:

* The code seems more stable than 2.0.35.  No big surprise; .36 wasn't rushed.
* worker's performance has improved noticably
* bunches of PRs have been fixed

cons:

* The exact release tarball hasn't run problem free for 3 days on daedalus yet
* It hasn't been very long since 2.0.35 was released.  I worry a little bit
about overloading people with release announcements, plus it's a bunch of work
for us.

IMO, the pros outweigh the cons, especially if we wait a few days.

Greg