On Thu, 30 May 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Perhaps we could resurrect the porting history [although I believe it's
> horribly
> incomplete] as modules/ssl/HISTORY?  OTOH, those parts that are correct
> aught to have been committed to CHANGES if they were not in the first place.

they are in CHANGES, but it is HUGE.  a summary is nice rather than
having to sift through that file.  the httpd CHANGES file is not very
useful imho.  too much info for users, to little for developers.
i like what Perl and PHP do, Changes is generated from the perforce/cvs
logs, has filenames, dates, submitter, committer, etc., handy for
developers.
then perldelta.pod contains a brief summary of the Changes that is
useful and easy for users to understand.  PHP has something similar, but
calls it NEWS i think.