On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Because threads are forced to be disabled on FreeBSD.  I believe there's a
> warning message about this in the ./configure output... you might just not
> have noticed it as it scrolled by.

that's odd, why not just abort with a message "sorry only prefork
supported".  anyhow, if threads are always disabled on freebsd, then
APR_HAS_THREADS should always be 0, right?  a guy on the modperl list
compiled --with-mpm=worker on freebsd, his apr.h has:
#define APR_HAS_THREADS           1

he's running freebsd 4.5-release

also, aren't the thread issues solved in newer freebsd's?
icarus is running FreeBSD 4.6-RC #11: Mon Jun  3 17:17:13 PDT 2002