Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 04:08:38PM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> > We cannot tolerate infinite recursion if an ErrorDocument gets an error.  The if
> > statement I changed is how we detect this sort of recursive error.  Please take
> > a look at the backtrace I posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED], under the subject
> > "2.0.38-39 lockup problem ?".
> >
> > If we need to prevent reading the body for certain types of errors, we can't do
> > it at the expense of loosing our recursive error protection.
>
> The problem is that mod_rewrite is taking what we *know* to be a
> valid URL (based on the ErrorDocuments directive) and translating
> it to an invalid one that generates a 400.  Fix that.

No sir.  That's just one way to cause recursive errors.  The code in ap_die that
detects and prevents infinite recursive errors was written for a reason.  If we
cripple it, Apache becomes less robust.

We ought to be able to have our cake and eat it too.  It is easy to turn off
keepalives based on the original "type" passed to ap_die.  I think you're saying
there's now a dependency that r->status matches the original "type" on exit,
right?

Greg