I think we should leave it alone.  This is the difference between
benchmarks and the real world.  How often do people have 8 requests in a
row that total less than 8K?

As a compromise, there are two other options.  You could have the
core_output_filter refuse to buffer more than 2 requests, or you could
have the core_output_filter not buffer if the full request is in the
buffer.

Removing the buffering is not the correct solution, because it does have
a negative impact in the real world.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
645 Howard St.              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
San Francisco, CA