I'm sorry, but that is completely bogus.  If the API needs to change to
make things better, then change the API.  Stop trying to open a new dev
branch when the current one is still moving forward quickly.  We have
this discussion every few weeks now, and every few weeks the 2.1 repo
gets shot down, because these changes belong in 2.0.

Ryan