I've noticed this aswell.  I have Apache running on a machine using an
internal
IP and if I connect to it with another machine using an internal IP it
sits there
for exactly 5 minutes before sending back the respone.  But if someone
connects with a real IP from the Internet everything works fine.

I've tested this on both Win2k and Linux.