Hi -

welp, that is why i spoke up i suppose.  A use case is the desire for ldap
auth to allow for property requirements.  e.g. Require ldap_prop department=engineering
for example (that's hypothetical syntax).  You would need to add a new function
to the callback structure validate_property(name, value) or something.
While this would be easy to add (and would be reusable by various database
auth modules) - it is just an example of many possible requirements.

you could add another callback function to your backend structure - this
function would be register_requirement_handler(requirement_name, function).
 In your switch statement "valid-user", "user", "group", it could fall through
by looking for a handler that has been registered for that requirement.
 That handler would simply be passed the rest of the requirement string
- and would return 0,1.

I could send a patch to your current code if that would be clearer - its
really pretty simple, but would allow the backends to get at least a little
more powerful (and would solve the ldap_prop case i illustrated above

sterling