> Seems that everyone is killing his brains out, but we still have only
> 6500 upgrades from 1.3.x. One of them is the guy from Germany that is
> running 2.0.18 for more than a year.
sure; and this will probably never change till the Apache2 APIs become somewhat more
stabilized.
What I mean is that in the past half year the APIs changed so rapidly that it was
nearly impossible to distribute binaries of 3rd-party modules. Not only that
recompilation was required, also patches were required; and most of the 3rd-party
module authors are not willing to maintain and change their code for every Apache2
release; and sometimes the APIs changed 2 or 3 times even within one dev release...
in addition if you missed some posts of this list for some days you problably dont
know what has been changed; and I have made more than once diffs of a module from
Apache2 sources between the last release and the current one to get an idea of what
has changed and what patches are required; or am I missing some docu about the API
changes??

I think this is an important fact which then stops many users from updating to Apache2
because of missing their favorite modules...
All platforms which mainly use binary distributions such as Win32 and Netware are
affected...

Guenter.