Here we go.....

kitchen sink come on - we let a module into experimental (auth_ldap) and
suddenly experimental will become the CPAN of apache.

I think this is a silly idea personally.  More cruft to maintain and to
hold back releases, etc. etc. etc.  Until Aaron's (et. al) idea of a module
registry/repository becomes reality, jk should stay where it is.

sterling