Please see the standards(5) man page. "-D_XPG4_2" is an internal macro,
so it shouldn't be defined directly. "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D__EXTENSIONS__"
should be used instead (or "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1
-D__EXTENSIONS__").
# "-D_XPG4_2" etc. may be defined internally in <sys/feature_tests.h>.

>Yeah, I don't think Solaris uses the same structure/functions for passing
>fd's between processes.

recvmsg(3XNET), which is actually mapped to __xnet_recvmsg(),
has the UNIX95 semantics, and recvmsg(3SOCKET) has the traditional
SunOS4.x semantics. Both can be used for FD passing.

Tsuyoshi SASAMOTO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]