Hi Thomas,
>> are the server-side vars generated by the server or only echoed vars
>> which where provided by the browser??
>> specially REQUEST_URI is of interest for me for security purposes in
>> scripts, so is it generated from Apache self or can it be faked by the
>> client?

> In 1.3 it looks like it's set from the original request, but to be able
> to fake it they can't call your script (right?)
f.e. I have a perl mailscript which should only accept formdata from a form which was
served by my host, so I want to check in the script if REQUEST_URI is from my own host
or probably comes from a locally stored and modified form...
so any other ideas what I can check to be 100% sure that the form was served by my
server?

Guenter.