Is it possible to use SuexecUserGroup in combination with a vhost
that isn't served out of the default htdocs dir on a per-vhost level?
This is a rhetorical question as modules/generators/mod_suexec.c:110
forbids this.

The intention is to have multiple vhosts which each have their own
user associated with them with independent docroots
(~user/public_html).  So when a CGI page goes to that vhost, the
CGIs would be executed as the associated user.

Hmm, why does this eerily sound like the perchild MPM (what little I
know of it)?  But, it seems that suexec could easily handle this
case too with a little bit of tweaking.  So, my question is why
do we set cfg->ugid.userdir = 0 when it could be useful to set it
to 1?  Could we add a directive (SuexecUseUserDoc) for this case?

For now, mod_rewrite has been jury-rigged to rewrite the CGI requests
so that these request end up as vhost/~user/ so the mod_userdir rule
hits.  But, that's clunky.  -- justin