From: Igor Leturia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 6:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Compiling Apache modules for windows

  Hi all!

  Günter sent me a binary version of mod_replace. I started trying it
and I couldn't get it to work. At last I found that there is an error in
the example configuration file. Instead of being 'Replace colour color
text/html', it should be 'Replace "colour" "color" text/html'. At least
this is the only way it worked for me. I say this in case anyone is
interested.

  Now I've got some questions. I've been able to make replacements in
the files if they have .html extension, but not in the rest (.js, etc.).
In the example cfg you sent me, this is what you said (with my
correction already done):

        Replace "colour" "color" text/html
        AddOutputFilter REPLACE html

  I've tried writing "js" instead of "html" in the second line, but I
don't know what to write in the first line instead of "text/html". I've
tried lots of things but none work. What should I do to apply the
replacements to all the files served, independent of their extension? I
tried *, but it doesn't work.

  Another question: do you know how should I write the httpd.conf to
make the replacements to files proxied from another server? I wrote
this, but it doesn't work:

        <Location /someloc>
          Replace colour color text/html
          AddOutputFilter REPLACE html
          ProxyPass http://someserver/someloc
          ProxyPassReverse http://someserver/someloc
        </Location>

  I've tried different orders of the lines, but none worked.

  Thanks in advance,

                                                Igor Leturia