I spent a little time on Monday and Tuesday looking at this in the
debugger and it looks like the behavior I am seeing is probably
related to compiler optimizations. My testing showed that the fixes
you committed (64 bit atoi and conversion to use seconds) seem to
have fixed the random behavior I was seeing.

Thanks.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein