On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 07:44  PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

I'm sure there's a great reason for setting B_EOUT flag here, but it
sure does suck if you have data waiting to be sent to the client since
setting B_EOUT convinces ap_bclose() not to write any more data.
It is only set when the connection is aborted or the fd is gone,
both indicating that we can't write any more data.  I think you
need to figure out why the conditional above it is false and
then fix the root of the problem.  My guess is that

  r->connection->aborted

is being set incorrectly somewhere.
Or you are simply seeing what happens on a timeout in debug mode
and the actual problem has nothing to do with the flag being set.

In any case, it is safe to simply delete the line where the flag
is being set, since the reason for setting it is simply for performance
(we don't want to waste time writing to a socket that has aborted).

....Roy