Bojan Smojver wrote:

Quoting Brian Pane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

As for the MMN bump, IMHO it would be better to code the
patch in a way that doesn't require it (if I remember correctly,
you had an alternate solution involving a module-specific
structure instead of new fields in conn_rec). That would
make it easier to get the improved bytes-sent accounting
into the hands of users who need it, without having to wait
until 2.1 or 2.2.

Yep, there was such a structure in mod_logio. However, given that the counting
of output is now done in core_output_filter, such a structure would have to be
introduced in the core, rather then in the mod_logio itself (i.e. core should
not rely on mod_logio being present during compilation, dynamic linking or
execution).

I'll rework the patch to include the structure structure in core.c rather then
one in mod_logio.c. Does that sound OK?

Sounds good to me

Alternative is to let core.c know that there is such a thing as mod_logio.c for
the purposes of fetching the structure. In other words, something like this
would appear in core.c:

logio_config_t *cf = ap_get_module_config(c->conn_config, &logio_module);

Which means that something like this would also have to appear in core.c:

extern module logio_module;

The core would also have to know about logio_config_t, which doesn't also
doesn't make sense. I would rather have it the other way around.

I agree--better to add a struct in the core and make mod_logio
depend on that than to require the core to know about mod_logio.

Brian