Well, I came back from watching the World Series (woo-hoo! Go Angels!) and I figured that I could just tidy up a bit on the mirror download page that I posted earlier. All of the relevant bits are now checked in, and I'm now reasonably comfortable with the results (saw 2 +1s, so it seems okay for now).

So, I've switched the httpd.apache.org 'download from a mirror' site to link to this new page:

http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Much thanks to Joshua for the initial thrust. =-)

For those that are interested, that link is really a rendering of download.html that has been run through EZT and the python mirrors.cgi script. Therefore, any content changes to that page should be made to download.xml and then propogated back to download.html (by anakia) where EZT will then pick it up. In short, treat download.xml as the definitive content... Hope that makes sense to anyone who'd have to maintain it.

If the system doesn't manage to blow itself up after a few days, I think it'd be a good idea to remove the 'from here' link as well, but I'd prefer to leave a well-marked escape hatch for now. -- justin