On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 11:15  AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
   CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:

  +    * This branch is operating under R-T-C guidelines.
Huh? No way. We're all adults here. If someone commits something
that you are uncomfortable with, bring it up on the list. There's
no reason for any ASF project to be R-T-C, IMHO. Our voting
rules are sufficient enough to protect against bogus commits to
stable or "maintenance" trees.

+ * Backwards compatibility is expected of future Apache 2.0 releases,
+ such that no MMN major number changes will occur until 2.1.
Well, we hope. :)

+ * The current sandbox (cvs HEAD) operating under C-T-R guidelines
+ is version 2.1-dev.
+
+ * All commits to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH must be reflected in cvs HEAD
+ as well, if they apply. Logical progression is commit to HEAD,
+ get feedback (3 +1's) and then commit to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.
Yeah, well of course. Bug fixes go in both, features go in HEAD...

+
+ * The 'modules/experimental' tree will evaporate soon. Anything
+ in the development branch should be located under it's eventual
+ home (such as modules/cache/.)
There's no reason to remove this from the 2.0 releases. They are experimental
not matter way, and if someone grabs a 2.0 tarball and wants to start
hacking on experimental stuff, all the better!

RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:

+ * The Auth module overhaul of module names and directives need to
+ be reverted to their 2.0.43 names. The new hooks remain.
-aaron