On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 03:49  PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

Doesn't crash for me if AuthDigestFile or AuthUserFile isn't specified.
  Using AuthDigestFile is a syntax error now...

Do you by any chance have mod_authn_file disabled? It's explicitly set to be 'yes' unless disabled at configure time. If that module is disabled, I think I see where the failure could be... -- justin
...perhaps because it's disabled, yes. I didn't change my module loading to keep up with the changed modules. More reason I agree it's a 2.1 thing.

-wsv